How do I book a Eurostar ticket with my Interrail Pass? (UK citizens)
With the Interrail Pass, seat reservations are needed for the Eurostar. Due to technical problems with the Eurostar website we are unable to process any payments.Therefore, the Travel Team cannot make seat bookings for those UK citizens travelling with an Interrail Pass.
How to make your own seat reservation
- Book your seat with Reservation Self-Service or buy your ticket directly at the train station.
- Keep the proof of purchasing
- Complete the reimbursement link sent to you by the DiscoverEU travel
Booking via Interrail Self-Service
- You can book through our Self Service up to 3 hours before departure.
- Currently, all trains booked via Self Service are E-ticket reservations.
- These reservations need to be printed.
Step 1. Logging in
The first step to make reservations is to log into your account with the same email address used to register in DiscoverEU.
Please be aware that a trip is automatically created by the system and it will have the same name as your Order number (e.g. EC12121212)
Step 2. Search for trains and make reservations
- Once you are logged in you can go to the following website: https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/reservations/reservation-self-service
- Click on ‘Make a Reservation online’.
- Then you will be redirected to the timetable to search for trains.
- After searching, a list of trains/connections will be given. You can expand the line to see more information about the train and you will also be shown the available booking options. When you have an option selected, the ‘add to cart’ button will be present at the bottom.
Important to know: When the ‘Add to Cart’ button is NOT shown and the train is under the status ‘Not Available’, it means that the train is sold out or not bookable for any other reason. If this happens we kindly ask you to look for alternative trains with different departure dates/times.
- Once the train has been added to cart it will load into your cart in the top right of the screen then you can proceed to click on the orange button “Fill Traveller Details”.
Step 3: Adding traveller details / billing information
- You will need to fill in the required fields. The address that you give under Billing Details is only used for the invoice.
- Once completed, click on the orange button ‘Review your Order’.
Step 4: Final Confirmation & Payment
- Here you will see the overview of each train added to cart. You can click to see more details if needed.
- Before making the payment, you must manually tick to confirm that you agree to the Booking Conditions.
- After clicking on ‘Proceed to Payment’ you will be taken to the payment page.
- You can now proceed to pay through the payment methods offered. Once the order is paid and confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with the invoice for the order and the E- tickets attached.
Step 5: Review "My Itinerary & Reservations"
- You can access to your Itinerary and Reservations by clicking on ‘My Itinerary and Reservations’ in your account overview, or by clicking on ‘Reservations Overview’ in the drop-down menu on the top right of any page.
- Once there, you will be shown an overview of the trains that were reserved through self- service or saved to the itinerary of the trip (e.g If the trains don’t require a reservation).
- Last step: if for some reason you don’t receive the E-tickets via email, you can download them here by clicking the downwards arrow icon.