COVID-19: Where do I find information on the impact of the coronavirus?
We want to also remind you to respect your government’s guidelines and travel advice. Together, let’s protect our friends, families and the wider community by helping to control the spread of the virus.
Are you one of our DiscoverEU travel pass winners from November 2019? If you’ve put your travel on hold due to COVID-19, don’t worry, we have extended the travel period until 30 September 2022.
The travellers who received a pass during the pandemic in 2020 can exchange their ticket, if they have sent to the travel team their cancellation photos before their initial departure date. They will automatically receive the mPass in their mailbox.📩
LAST DEPARTURE DATE (updated 17 June 2021)
With the FLEX pass, your latest start date can be the 31st of August 2022 as per the project rules. As the pass is valid for one month, you will be able to travel when you want between the 31st of August and the 30th of September 2022.
With the FIX pass, you can choose a departure date after the 31st of August, but you'll need to be back by the 30th of September 2022.
Regarding travel advice from countries, we advise you to carefully check the following:
- The travel advice issued by your own government (more info here);
- The travel restrictions and health measures taken by the national authorities of the countries you are planning to visit (there are some dedicated websites).
- The European Commission website dedicated to COVID-19
All non-essential travel to and in Europe is to be avoided.
Useful related information
- What are my rights when my transports are cancelled or delayed?
- What are my EU Passenger Rights?
- How and where can I use my European Health Insurance Card?
- How do I go to a doctor/hospital abroad?
- How do I prepare buying a travel insurance?
- Where can I find travel safety advice?
- When are member states allowed to impose border controls?